Olympian Jeff Galloway is a motivational speaker, prolific writer, Runner’s World columnist, and compassionate coach. Jeff is also a long-term partner with Run Wild Missoula (RWM) in making the Missoula Marathon an extraordinary event with a wide and inclusive reach.
There will be a number of opportunities to meet and hear Jeff during Marathon Weekend. This year will be especially festive, as Jeff’s 70th birthday falls on Marathon Day!
- Casual Run/Meet & Greet/Social Hour – Thursday, July 9th, 2015. Big Sky Brewing Company, 5417 Trumpeter Way. FREE. Easy run at 4:30 PM. No-host social hour in Big Sky Brewing Company’s Tap Room from 5:00 PM to 6:30 PM. Meet Jeff in a relaxed, fun atmosphere.
- Hike the “M” trail with Jeff – Friday, July 10th, 2015 at 9am. This event is free. Meet at the “M” trailhead on the University of Montana campus. Trailhead parking requires a $3 pass. We will have passes available for sale (cash only) at the time of the hike.
- Run with Jeff at the Missoula Marathon Beer Run – Friday, July 10th, 2015 at 6pm.
- Meet Jeff at his expo booth in Caras Park – Saturday, July 11th, 2015 from 8am – noon.
- Attend Jeff’s 3-hour Running School ($99) – Saturday, July 11th, 2015 from 1-4pm. Register online at http://jeff-galloway-e-shop.mybigcommerce.com/jeff-galloways-running-school/. Current Galloway Training Program participants get a 50% discount. Email email@example.com for the discount code.
- Join Jeff and his wife Barbara to run the Missoula Marathon on his 70th birthday Sunday, July 12th, 2015 at 6am!
- Celebrate Jeff’s 70th Birthday and 200th lifetime marathon with his family and friends. There will be a no-host open house (order from the menu) at Brooks & Browns Restaurant, Holiday Inn Parkside – Sunday, July 12th, 2015 from 5:30-7:30pm. Cake-cutting and a short program at 6:30.
The partnership between RWM and Jeff Galloway began in January 2011, when he inspired a packed house at the Wilma Theater to get off their couches and train for the Missoula Marathon or Half. Jeff’s January visits have become an annual tradition, and each year RWM schedules a different mix of appearances, including school visits and free public talks on a variety of subjects.
RWM also partners with Jeff by sponsoring annual Galloway marathon and half marathon training classes coached by local volunteers. Those classes are based on Jeff’s trademarked run-walk-run approach to distance events. Participants are organized into small pace groups led by supportive program graduates. These Missoula classes belong to a network of nearly 100 Galloway programs nationwide and overseas.
For more information about the Galloway method, personal e-coaching with Jeff, his running retreats (including trips to marathons in Greece and Italy), and the many books he has written, visit www.jeffgalloway.com