Olympian Jeff Galloway is a motivational speaker, prolific writer, Runner’s World columnist, and compassionate coach. Jeff is also a long-term partner with Run Wild Missoula (RWM) in making the Missoula Marathon an extraordinary event with a wide and inclusive reach.
There will be a number of opportunities for the public to meet and hear Jeff during marathon weekend. The following are already planned, while additional events are in the works. Stay tuned and check the Missoula Marathon Event Guide for final details.
- Hike the “M” trail with Jeff on Friday, July 8, at 9:00 am. This event is free. Meet at the “M” trailhead on the University of Montana campus. Trailhead parking requires a $3 pass. We will have passes available for sale (cash only) at the time of the hike.
- Run with Jeff at the Beer Run in Caras Park on Friday, July 8, at 6:00 pm.
- Meet Jeff at his expo booth in Caras Park: Saturday, July 9, 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Attend Jeff’s 3-hour Running School ($99) at the Doubletree Hotel on Saturday, July 9, 2:00 to 5:00 pm. Register online at http://jeff-galloway-e-shop.mybigcommerce.com/jeff-galloways-running-school/. Currently registered Galloway Training Program participants get a 50% discount. For the trainee discount code, email email@example.com with the city name of your training program.
- Join Jeff and his wife Barbara to run the Missoula Marathon on Sunday, July 10 at 6:00 am.
The partnership between RWM and Jeff Galloway began in January 2011, when he inspired a packed house at Missoula’s historic Wilma Theater to get off their couches and train for the Missoula Marathon or Half. Jeff’s January visits have become an annual tradition, and each year RWM schedules a different mix of appearances, including school visits and free public talks on a variety of subjects.
RWM also sponsors Missoula Galloway marathon and half marathon training classes based on Jeff’s trademarked run-walk-run approach to distance events. These Missoula classes are among nearly 100 Galloway programs nationwide and overseas.
For more information about the Galloway method, personal e-coaching with Jeff, his running retreats, and the many books he has written, visit www.jeffgalloway.com