Virtual 5K, Virtual Half Marathon and Virtual Marathon
Concerned about COVID and uncertain about traveling to Missoula? Then the Missoula Marathon Virtual Events may be right for you.
Run or walk your race distance wherever you are located. Run where and when it works best for you. Manhattan, MT or Manhattan, NY. Portland, OR or Portland, ME. Weekends, weekdays, morning, evening, middle of the night. Roads, trails, maybe a bit of both. It’s all good.
We’ll have plenty of enhanced features for our 2021 Virtual Races – check back here often for updates.
VIRTUAL 5K, Half Marathon & Marathon:
- You will have from Saturday, June 12, 2021 through Sunday, June 20, 2021 to complete your Virtual Run.
- All registered participants will receive via email a digital race bib.
- All registered participants will receive a participant shirt and finisher medal. (To be mailed after race week.)
- $5 of every Virtual 5K, Half Marathon & Marathon entry will be donated to support the efforts of the YWCA Missoula‘s Racial Justice Initiative and the All Nations Health Center Project Beacon.
- Run Wild Members who complete the Virtual Option AND report their results will receive credit for their Racemakers and Run Wilder member benefits.
- All registered participants will receive an invite to a private Faccebook group that will provide race updates, opportunities for Q&A, exchanges between participants, and other virtual opportunities. When it opens, join the Group, for a virtual race with an in-person feel.
- If you’d like to self report your results, your result(s) must be reported between Saturday, June 12, 2021 and Monday, June 21, 2021.
- Results are not required to receive your participant shirt and finisher medal.
- Reported times will not be validated by Run Wild Missoula.
- Reported times will be used to create unofficial virtual race results.
- Awards will not be presented based on self-reported results.
- Virtual results will not be reported to the Boston Athletic Association for Boston Marathon qualifying purposes.
- No awards will be presented for our virtual races.
VIRTUAL Kids Marathon
- Run, walk, skip and/or hop for 1.2 Miles (2 Kilometers)
- This can be done anywhere. Around your neighborhood, at a park, on a trail or around your house. Heck, it could even be over the river and through the woods on your way to grandmother’s house
- Do it with your parents and siblings. With your babysitter. With Papa & Nana. Most importantly, get out and have some fun exercising
- Complete the 1.2 miles at any time between Saturday, June 12 and Sunday, June 20, 2021
- You will receive a Kids Cape and a Finishers Medal in the mail. (To be mailed after race week.)
- Logging or tracking of miles and results reporting are not required
Race Registration Transfers
Did you sign up for a Virtual Race and then change your mind and want to take part in our Live, In-Person race weekend? Or, did you sign up for an in-person event but decided you want to stay closer to home and do a virtual race? No worries. Beginning April 1, 2021, you will be able to transfer between events. For more information, see our Race Changes page HERE.
Note: A few housekeeping items to consider about our virtual races:
- Please do not sign up for a Virtual Race and then plan/hope to show up at the in-person start line on marathon weekend. If you want to move to the in-person race, please go to our Race Changes Page and follow the instructions to transfer between events.
- If you do show up at the in-person start line you will,
- be denied access to the shuttle buses with a Virtual Race bib number
- not receive a finish time because Virtual Race bib numbers will not be chipped.
- take away from the race resources planned based on the number of people who signed up for the in-person race
Entry Fees – For New Registrations:
(All virtual race entry fees include shipping costs)
Virtual 5K – $30
Virtual Half Marathon – $87
Virtual Marathon – $97
Virtual Kids Marathon – $15
(Virtual Kids Marathon registration will not open until April 1, 2020)
Opens – 8:00 AM (Mountain Time), Thursday, October 1, 2020
(As noted above, the Virtual Kids Marathon will open 4/1/21)
Closes – 11:59 PM (Mountain Time), Saturday, June 19, 2021