Elites Currently Registered
2018 Elite Athletes – To Be Announced
Overall Awards Ceremonies
Overall awards ceremonies will be held as soon as possible after the top 3 runners in each event/division have crossed the line. The Awards presentation will take place near the finish line. Approximate times that the awards ceremonies would be expected to take place:
- Overall Half Awards
- Men – 7:15am
- Women – 7:25am
- Overall Full Awards
- Men – 8:45am
- Women – 9:05am
Age Division Awards
Custom awards will be presented to the top three male and female finishers in the following divisions:
- 19 & under
We are pleased to announce that the Missoula Marathon has been designated as the 2016 RRCA State Championship Marathon. RRCA State Championship medals will be awarded to the men’s and women’s Open (39 & Under), Master (40 – 49), Grand Master (50 – 59) and Senior Grand Master (60 +) winners.
Missoula Marathon Prize Money
CR Men 2:20:27 Women 2:46:52
- 1st = $1000
- 2nd = $500
- 3rd = $300
- Masters** 1st = $250
- Both Men & Women
CR Men 1:06:21 Women 1:15:54
- 1st = $1000
- 2nd = $500
- 3rd = $300
- Masters** 1st = $250
- Both Men & Women
$200 Bonus* for course record in Full or Half
$100 Award* for first Montanan (Current Resident)
$50 Award* for first Run Wild Missoula member
*Bonuses are in addition to placing award.
**Masters are athletes ages 40 and over on race day. Masters are also eligible for open prize money.
***Overall prizes and cash will be awarded based on gun time, not chip time.
****Prize money awards will be mailed once official race results have been verified. Please allow 1-2 weeks post-race for awards/prize money to be mailed out.
In addition, the Missoula Marathon will offer a $100 bonus for any runner achieving the following standards:
- Marathon = Men – 2:30:00, Women – 3:00:00
- Half Marathon = Men – 1:10:00, Women – 1:20:00
- Note: Only one Course Record bonus will be paid in any given race. (i.e. if 3 women run faster than the existing half marathon record, only the winner will receive the course record bonus. The 2nd and 3rd place finishers would still receive the $100 bonus for beating the time standard.)
Elite Athlete Application
To be considered for Elite Runner Status you must follow these steps:
- For the full marathon your PR finishing time must be at least 2:30 for men and 3:00 for women. (This time must have been achieved within the last two years) We do not offer Elite Runner Status in the master division.
- For the half marathon your PR finishing time must be at least 1:10 for men and 1:20 for women. (This time must have been achieved within the last two years) We do not offer Elite Runner Status in the master division.
- You must send a running resume to the Missoula Marathon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in this resume your age, gender, current address, email address, country of birth origin, whether or not you are a U.S. Citizen, current results from recent races (past 2 years) and any other pertinent information.
- As an Elite Runner the staff may offer any of the following: complimentary entry to full or half marathon and/or one or two night stay in a host hotel. No guarantee is made that you will receive any or all of these.
Course Certification & Sanction And Rules Of Competition
The Missoula Marathon and Half Marathon courses are both USA Track & Field Certified. USATF Course Numbers MT09002MF (Marathon) and MT09001MF (Half Marathon).
All participants in the elite field will be required to comply with the rules and regulations of USA Track & Field.
All participants in the elite field will be required to sign a USA Track & Field Participant Waiver and Release of Liability, Assumption Of Risk And Indemnity Agreement as well as a Prize Money Eligibility Statement.
Athletes who participate in this competition may be subject to formal drug testing in accordance with USATF and IAAF rules, in accordance with USOC, USADA, WADA or IAAF procedures. Athletes found, after a disciplinary hearing, to be positive for prohibited substances, as defined by USADA and/or WADA a, or who refuse to be tested, will be disqualified from this event and may lose eligibility for future competitions. Any prize money payable to an athlete who has tested positive shall be withheld until the final disposition of all disciplinary proceedings. BEWARE: Some prescriptions, over the counter medications, and nutritional supplements may contain prohibited substances. Information regarding drugs and drug testing may be obtained by calling the USADA Reference Hotline at 1-719-785-2000 (Press Option 2), or www.usada.org.
Run Wild Missoula and the Missoula Marathon support a sport based on fair competition without the presence of performance enhancing drugs.
To be eligible for elite entry and/or the prize purse at the Missoula Marathon, an athletes must:
- Not be currently serving a suspension issued by the US Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) or the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) for the use of a banned substance
- Not have ever served a ban issued by USAD or WADA for the use of performance enhancing drugs
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who have had 2 or more athletes receiving such suspension in the previous 4 years*
- Not be represented by coaches and/or agents who served a ban for use of performance enhancing drugs during their own athletic career*
- Provide proper documentation proving they are eligible for prize money (form W-9, W-8ECI or W-8BEN)
- Consent to random drug testing according to the standards and procedures of USATF, USADA and WADA
Any athlete that believes they have been barred from the event or the opportunity to earn prize money at the event because of mistaken identity due to near or exact name of a person currently suspended, banned or previously banned, must submit documentation certified by a notary in advance to the race director or elite athlete coordinator of the event proving that they are not the same person identified as serving a suspension, ban or previous ban.
*Athletes have a duty to ensure they are represented by reputable coaches and agents and have a duty to consult the WADA list of athletes that are or have served a doping ban before signing with a coach or agent.
In addition, the Missoula Marathon will terminate any agreement that has been made between the race and an athlete regarding complimentary entries, food, lodging and/or travel assistance should the athlete be found guilty of using performance enhancing drugs after the agreement was made. The Missoula Marathon will also terminate said agreement(s) should race organizers gain knowledge of an athlete’s prior drug use suspension after the agreement was made.
As a result of any of the above scenarios, the Missoula Marathon will immediately cease all business relationships with an athlete and/or their coach and/or agent.
Collegiate & High School Participants – Prize money payments will be subject to compliance with the rules and regulations of the NCAA and Montana High School Association. Should those rules and regulations preclude payment to a collegiate or high school athlete, prize money will not be redistributed to lower placing athletes.
Outside Aid – There are enough aid stations on the marathon and half marathon course. We have found this number to be sufficient for the majority of participants. If you believe that you will require additional fluids or other aid, you must make arrangements to carry them on your person. With the exception of “citizen aid stations” where neighbors provide additional aid available to ALL participants, you may not accept aid outside of the immediate vicinity of designated aid stations. This means that your friends and family cannot meet you on the course to provide AID to you. Such behavior violates the USATF Rules of Competition and provides you with an unfair advantage over participants who do not have people out there to help them. It also increases traffic congestion on the course, compromising the safety of ALL runners and spectators. A competitor who has received any assistance whatsoever from any other person may be disqualified which includes pacing in running or walking events by persons not participating in the event (bikes or otherwise).